Monday, December 2, 2019

Bunch Of Random Thoughts (12/02/2019)

I see a couple of streaming services are no longer going to support certain older smart TV models. So much for cutting the cord if you're forced to buy a new TV whenever they decide. In the long run this cost a lot more.

If I were a rich man-- I'd only take as much as I can use to live a comfortable life. Nobody (I mean nobody) has needs for millions a year. I sincerely would be more then happy with a nice house debt free and a couple buck$ left over to enjoy. More then that I'd find individuals on my own who could use some help. Maybe bail them from medical debt or someone working their butt off and getting nowhere. Forget churches organizations where usually leaders are making a living more then decent off of them.

What's a non-profit? There's a hellva lot of rich churches, hospitals and research organizations that own vast properties and whom it's hired help are well compensated. IMO nearly half are legal scams to avoid paying taxes.

Pennsylvania has one of the largest number of legislators who are paid almost the highest in the nation for the 70 days they're in session. I wonder if there were none for a year or two if anyone would ever miss them?

To be honest I know I'm out of the loop but can anyone else name three movies or hit songs these top award show gatherers performed? Speaking of TV concerts, etc. anyone else notice how producers edit in audience screams to every damn performance? Watch mouths closely. Lots of clapping.. few mouths open. They also like to focus on a avid bunch but look in the background and you will see lots more unenthusiastic as they in the foreground.

The next president-- I don't like any of them. You mean out of 300+ millions this is all we can come up with? Where are the reasonable minds? Each seem to be trying to outdo the other's radical ideas on both sides. Most of their ideas don't mean squat anyways unless congress approves their crazy plans. A do nothing congress? Maybe not such a bad thing. Besides with all the appeals and lawsuits it seems the judicial system ends up making most the decisions these days.

Be honest, how many shopping for Christmas are buying crap for somebody else.

ROPE A DOPE-- How has any of these so called 'smart' thingies made life more simplified or cheaper to use?

UPDATED 12/02/2019 12:00 PM
I've removed The West Easton Website from my sidebar. The site has become almost unusable with the owner's so-called security improvements. I'm not too fond of supporting someone trying to monetize their blog either. It won't let me click on the post unless I give up my first born by registering my info. Ain't gonna happen. Too-da-loo.

As long as I'm being cranky-- What the hell is wrong with these meteorologists? I've been saying since Friday there ain't going to be no damn accumulation Monday in Allentown. It's impossible since the hour by hour temperature forecast never was suppose to drop below 35 degrees. Do they even know what temperature is freezing anymore? Last night my camera out front picked up city plows going up and down my street in the drizzle. Great for OT.. not so much for taxpayers. The first 10 minutes of every newscasts between here and Philly where beating their drums trying to get people upset. Seems to me they'll do anything to get attention so they can fill their airtime with nearly cost free BS reporting.

People ignore warnings when time after time these so-called experts continually hype up this and nothing happens. There used to be a DJ/weather expert up in Wilkes-Barre, Pa. who was always 100% accurate. He used to walk over, lift up the window and tell people what it was doing. It didn't take him 5-10 minutes explaining all the intricacies for something which could be said in less then a minute. Oh and by the way... there won't be any on the ground Tuesday (tomorrow) either no matter what they try and tell you. I can also confidently report it will get dark tonight.

No comments:

Post a Comment

All comments are under moderation. Meaning pending approval. If comments are disrespectful or do not address this specific topic they will not be published