Sunday, December 15, 2019

Avoid Route 22

Another couple of accidents yesterday. In my opinion if your daily commute involves the Lehigh Valley section of route 22 you'd be wise to avoid using it. Oh it might save 15 or 20 minutes but you'd be better off leaving 15 or 20 minutes earlier using some other streets and roads. Beats getting stuck between exits in where accidents have become a daily occurrence.

Some may say it increases the chances of getting hit somewhere else. Well it's healthier then getting slammed at 60+ mph or waiting in line for hours. If there is an accident lots of other options are available getting around them. I'd avoid the I78 section of 309 as well.

When I used to work I felt a lot less stress. Often times I'd mix it up and take various different routes. Traveling via 22 or 309 my whole focus was on traffic. These others allowed me to relax and enjoy the ride before and after work. I can't think of a time I got stuck behind an accident scene without having the ability to turn off avoiding it. More then I can say for some of my fellow workers who insisted on using these major traffic arteries.

There were about a half a dozen back roads I used between Allentown and Fogelsville. Most of them taken care of better in the winter then Pennsylvania's highways. As I bonus other then a school bus here and there I almost never encountered a tractor trailer. A lot safer if you have a breakdown too.

Anyone have any thoughts they want to share?

No comments:

Post a Comment

All comments are under moderation. Meaning pending approval. If comments are disrespectful or do not address this specific topic they will not be published