Thursday, August 1, 2019

My Van Has Reached A Milestone

Ye gads my 1990 caravan has reached a milestone today.

It was back in August 1996 when I bought my 1990 caravan which is now officially 29 years old. Currently it has 155,646 miles on it. I put some repairs into it but it's still cheaper then if I bought another vehicle. This past March I spent $3,300 on body work painting and fixing rusted areas on the fenders plus peeling hood paint. Since mechanically it's a sound running machine I see no need for another.


I'm not a high mileage driver. I don't have a need for all these new crazy features with today's vehicles. It's also became like a friend to me. As far as I'm concerned it takes me where I need to go. No point in dropping some $15,000 or more just to get around. It has more cargo room then today's models. Insurance is a hellva lot cheaper too. This is especially important when retired like me trying to live on social security with a limited amount of savings.

Anyone else living in a similar situation?

No comments:

Post a Comment

All comments are under moderation. Meaning pending approval. If comments are disrespectful or do not address this specific topic they will not be published