Friday, May 8, 2015

Lots Of Drama Around Here Lately



The married granddaughter is having lots of issues with her pregnancy. Although the fetus is doing well she has been having one problem after another.

The grandson finally found a decent job a month ago after having a bunch of lousy jobs over the past two years. His father struggled to pay off a car so he could give it him. Wouldn't you know it the other day he got sandwiched in-between a chain reaction wreck on I-78 which totaled his car injuring him. Ironically the wife's cousin's daughter had the same thing happen to her only a few weeks ago. Just before my wife's other cousin had hip replacement surgery in her 60's and is still in recovery.


The wife just found out the store where she works may not be around in a few weeks and she will be forced out of a job. The couple who own the store doesn't want to sell it but they are in their mid sixties and for the third time her female boss's cancer has come back. It isn't looking good. My wife and the other two girls have been covering for her over the past year. Something they were never trained nor were hired to do. Her husband has another job which makes it very difficult for him to do both. He needs that other job just to sustain themselves.

This is unfortunate because just two months ago the wife took out a $16,000 loan on another car after getting rid of her 24 year old van. On top of that the battery died on this newly purchased car before work on her a few days ago. After jumping the battery and not having the car (while it was in for service) it turns out unknown to us one of the twins must have switched on the dome light four days prior. We didn't even know there was one. We sure must have looked stupid to the dealer, eh?

The daughter (and her 1 1/2 year old twins) were given a 72 hour deadline to get out of the house where she lived for the last 5 years. It was up to her, me (67 years old) and her brother to rent a truck and were the only ones available to move her. Luckily for her she just made settlement on another house the week before. Unfortunately for her is the house needs a expensive repair we were not aware of after a paid licensed inspector missed something afore hand. I'm not even going to go into the cleaning, minor repairs and other stuff we had to do over the last few weeks. On a side note her brother just finished moving himself only a few days prior and sprained his arm which made this move all the more difficult.

Then the other day I decided it was time to put in the bedroom window AC. I crawled out on the porch roof to wash the windows. As I was crawling back in through the window I must of pulled a rib muscle. It's been hurting like hell and haven't slept well for three days. That coupled with a Spring cold I seem to have caught makes my rib muscle scream out in pain every time I sneeze. There's no worse time for this to have happened since I needed to winterize the snow thrower. Get the mower ready for summer so I can rake, edge and mow the yard for the first time. Ouch!

Now the twins are sick with fever and the daughter found out she needs to attend compulsory classes on a new computer program the hospital is installing. Which means we will be watching the twins more then just three days a week. I feel sort of bad for the daughter because it was just in April she had to be tested on 20 articles she had to read (in 30 days) to maintain one of her nursing requirements. She certainly has her hands full as a single mother.

I'm not writing this to bitch
Rather I wonder if others' lives are as complicated as mine over the last few months. You see I'm use to nothing eventful happening and now everything seems to be bunched up. I'm also writing this as a way of sharing what goes on in my REAL LIFE when I'm not blogging.

Have any feedback for me?
Should I share more/less personal stuff?


No comments:

Post a Comment

All comments are under moderation. Meaning pending approval. If comments are disrespectful or do not address this specific topic they will not be published