Wednesday, May 13, 2015

Man Thinks He Only Needs Medical Insurance After He's Sick

(05/12/2015) 'The Charlotte Observer': Who should save sight of SC man who can’t afford surgery? -- "A self-employed handyman who works with banks and the federal government on maintaining foreclosed properties. He has done well enough that his wife, Mary, hasn’t had to work. They live in a 3,300-square-foot home in the Legacy Park subdivision valued at more than $300,000... Lang, a Republican, says he knew the act required him to get coverage, but he chose not to do so."

(05/13/2015) 'The Raw Story: Donations pour in from liberals to help Obamacare-hating conservative-- "Not every contributor scolded Lang, who admits he smokes and has not always properly managed his diabetes."

What if everybody thought this way?
Why would anyone buy insurance until after their house burned down, wrecked their car or got sick?

Face it the guy made some bad choices for himself. While I may have sympathy with the guy, I have even more empathy for the millions of others like myself who paid into the system and seldom drew from it. I haven't used but 10% of what I paid into my medical. Over the 51 years I've driven behind the wheel I've only applied for and received from my car insurance company a total of $1,000. Never once drew anything from my homeowners insurance. I'm sure I'm not alone.

Am I suppose to feel sorry for this guy, why?


No comments:

Post a Comment

All comments are under moderation. Meaning pending approval. If comments are disrespectful or do not address this specific topic they will not be published