Saturday, May 16, 2015

Most Popular Sites On The Internet


According to 'Alexa' other then some of the worldwide search engines 'Facebook' and 'YouTube' seem to be the top two. Most of the others that follow are either shopping or research sites like Baidu.com. and Wikipedia.org. It surprises me that 'Blogspot.com' holds spot #20 above 'Instagram', 'Reddit' and 'Pinterest' which all three turn out to be less popular.



News sites seem to fare poorly. A few examples are..
     Huffington Post #111
     Daily Mail #114
     Fox News #201
     Washington Post #243

What Are We To Conclude Kids?
The majority of internet users throughout the world are more interested in themselves ('Facebook'), watching videos (YouTube), shopping or reading blogs then visiting news sites. What this says to me, people are more interested in what goes on in their personal lives. Not so much the news, politicians or things that tend to be outside their immediate concerns. So much for what the big boys think is theirs alone. The mainstream media.

So What Should I Be focusing On?
Obviously less then what goes on in the news (other then maybe locally). According to YouTube what's most popular right now are things like TV shows & celebrities and a bunch of other crap I have absolutely no interest in. So that's out.

I'm not sure what I should focus my future attentions on. One thing's for sure it won't be on shopping, cooking, hairstyles or what most people seem to be into.. selfies. While you're at it forget about me schmoozing with anything or anyone just because it or they seem to be the most popular in order to garner attention. I don't have it in me. Looks like I'm out of luck, very dated and doomed to be..




What I Will Continue To Focus On.. What Matters Most To Me
If this means fewer readers... so-be-it. At the same time wishing to thank those loyal readers who do drop by here nearly every single day. I appreciate your doing so. It's my hope from time to time you will one day drop a me line. If not that's fine too. My 'statcounter' indicates enough of you do visit which makes this blog worthwhile in continuing to offer whatever contribution I can through this medium. My sincere thanks.

No comments:

Post a Comment

All comments are under moderation. Meaning pending approval. If comments are disrespectful or do not address this specific topic they will not be published