Wednesday, May 21, 2014

My Policy On Commenting

So far 21 days in May 2014 I have received only two comments from two different people. Quite frankly I was pleased and feeling content this blog has gone that long without someone leaving comments. You see they always seem to turn out to be a pain in the ass for me, as you shall see. The only reason I leave comments on is so that people will have a way of connecting with me (just in case).

My Comments Elsewhere
I did a post about Urbanologists Without Cars. Two days later 'Publius' took me to task on his blog with a post entitiled Transportation Tuesday: the Rosegarden and LVCI Doubling Down on Stupidity. Which I absolutely have no problem with and never commented on it. Nor did I intend to. Here's what he/she/it posted..."Publius May 21, 2014 at 8:53 AM
No, you can call me stupid all you want. I totally support that. Though, I am guessing from the way in which you write and your paragraph structure that you are in fact LVCI."
Just for the record here's the comment I left back..."I never, never, ever comment under any name other then LVCI... And I rarely leave comments on others blogs. Your accusation accusing me of something I haven't done is exactly why I stopped.. I can guarantee you one thing, I will never ever again leave comments here.

My comment on your other post was the only one I left in over a month on another person's blog. The reason is it always goes badly for me. Thanks for reminding me again of the kind of BS I get when I participate with others."
You see I made the mistake of leaving a remark on one of his prior post. Something I promised myself that I wouldn't do with most of these other local blogs (and haven't done in a long time). No matter how many times I tell myself, I seem to be slow learner when it comes expectations concerning mutual respect and unfounded accusations.


A Recent Comment Left Here
Here's an excellent example what happens when I finally do receive a comment--
"Anonymous Tuesday, May 20, 2014 at 7:13:00 PM EDT
Pubeless is like Jon Geeting, but with a foul mouth and overly childish attitude. Wait a minute...is that you Jon?"


I replied, "I'll let this comment stand (for now) as a reminder personal attacks and comments that are not adding to the topic are not acceptable here on this blog "


Let me make this clear as possible for the umteenth time!
I never ever once left a comment in all these years that wasn't under my LVCI blogger profile which anyone can easily verify by clicking on the link above my comment(s).


Here's my firm commitment (especially going forward) to anyone coming across LVCI..(1) I have never nor will I ever comment w/o using the LVCI tag linked to my profile.

(2) In the future any responses I have will be posted here and not on someone else's blog ever again. Although it's possible (but not likely) I may post a link in their comment section to my response.

(3) Although I attack ideals all the time I never attack someone personally. Nor will I tolerate it others who choose to comment.

(4) Any comments that don't add to the discussion will not appear.


FINAL THOUGHTS
No matter how many or few times I try to interact with the other bloggers or people who leave comments it always becomes a major pain the ass. Either I'm accused of being an anonymous coward or saying something I haven't said. In all cases after protracted discussion back and forth it ends up with name calling and character assassination the longer debate continues.

There are some followers of blogs and bloggers who deem themselves to be endowed with wisdom that somehow they bear more creditability then those they interact with. This is one guy who's never going to delude himself that I nor anyone else earns the right to disrespect someone who disagrees with them.

Most importantly I truly 100% don't care what others may think of me or my opinions. I REALLY DON'T!

What I do care about is not being accused of posting things I've never said. Nor that my character is anything less then honest in the things I've always said and done throughout my life, including this blog. I truly never misrepresented myself to being anything other then myself.

I simply don't care to compete in a battle of wits with other egos on these blogs. Therefore anyone who reads anything I supposedly said elsewhere ends today. I tried to interact with other blogs and it's never ever worked out once for me. Any and all responses will appear solely on this blog only going forward. If anyone reads something I've (LVCI) said other then here, it isn't me no matter what site (commercial or otherwise) the LVCI comment appears.

4 comments:

  1. So, I said, in my comment that it sounded like you--it was not definitive. If you are telling me it wasn't you, I believe ya. Like I said before, you are welcome on my blog or the comment section whenever you like.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Like I said Publius whenever I go off the range on to someone else's blog it ends up to be less then a pleasant experience. I'll just try and play in my own back yard and if I have something to say I'll say it on my own blog just like you did on yours with the post "LVCI Doubling Down on Stupidity".

      There's no incentive to do otherwise, based on my past experiences.

      Delete
  2. lvci, unfortunately, publius isn't familiar with some of the individuals who dominate in the comment sections of the blogosphere. in my case, he allowed a well know antagonist, who has openly vowed to harass my candidacy, to make demeaning comments, off topic. he then equated my protest with the cyberstalker's attacks against me. the author of the comment that he attributed to you, although a different person, is likewise a well known commenter. although i disagree with publius' views, he presents them in an interesting manner. however, i will refrain from commenting there, or allowing my blog traffic to be directed there by his comments, until which time he deletes the off topic attacks against me, no matter how masked they may be. he should do some local blogosphere homework.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Michael again this all boils down to respect. The comment made against you wasn't on topic. It served no other purpose then to take a poke at you. When any blog veers off in the direction of personal slams that aren't even on topic I don't see a lot of value in that

      Delete

All comments are under moderation. Meaning pending approval. If comments are disrespectful or do not address this specific topic they will not be published