Thursday, May 15, 2014

What's With My 'Garmin'?

This is kind of weird. We have a Garmin GPS device for the van. Because I'm too cheap to buy a memory stick for it and spend additional money on top of that to update the maps, we haven't updated anything since 2010 when it was bought for us as a gift.

So yesterday the wife wanted to go to a friend's house out in the Breinigsville for her Yoga class.

I punched in the city, A-OK.
I punched in the street number, A-OK.

But when I entered the street name it wasn't in it's database. I'm assuming this was because the home and street where she was going wasn't built until after 2010. OK I get that. So I returned to the map setting anyway.

As a alterative I Googled and printed out the map and instructions for her. The wife said leave the Garmin on anyway. Here's the strange part. Miss Garmin called out and echoed the directions perfectly.. huh?

How was that possible?

Kind of makes you wonder if Miss Garmin (these computers) aren't a lot smarter then they are leading us humans to believe, eh?

Anyone have an explanation?

See My Prior Post From 01/28/2013
'Meet Miss Garmin'
(Karen Jacobson)


No comments:

Post a Comment

All comments are under moderation. Meaning pending approval. If comments are disrespectful or do not address this specific topic they will not be published