Monday, October 7, 2013

Beating A Dead Horse

I'm sure many of my readers have grown exhausted by my relentless posts concerning raising the debt ceiling and government shutdown. Perhaps I've taken this blog beyond the scope for what I intended. BUT, folks need to realize the crisis we're now facing. This could very well be the end of times for the United States as we've known it.

Speaker Boehner has drawn the absolute lines in the sand saying the debit limits won't be brought to a vote in the House if cuts to Social Security, Medicare and Obamacare aren't made. One of his house members in Florida said over the weekend that he personally thought the world economy would become more stabilized if the United States failed to extend it's debt limits. Apparently he's decided the entire world has become too indebted also and will help save the world's global economy from itself by causing America's default. Who the hell appointed these house members to be guardians for the world's treasure chest? This is just plain nuts!

Never mind that Democrats in the Senate agreed to the former 'sequester' cuts that were never meant to happen in the first place. This has now become only a starting point for these guys.



Never mind that Democrats in the Senate asked 18 times since April 2013 for the House and Senate go into conference, but were rejected. Never mind that the rest of the world can trade on Euros, Asian currency or the pound over that of U.S. dollars that could very well go south. Never mind that investment in U.S. Treasuries would tank if we default. Never mind that Democrats have agreed to extend the Bush tax cuts beyond what they were originally created for.

I've always been concerned what would happen if members of congress who were elected would be more ignorant extremists then the majority of not only the U.S. citizens but that of the rest of the world. As far as I'm concerned we've reached that point. This will most likely be my last post concerning these a-holes until after the whole shebang explodes. There's no point in me screeching endlessly as there's little I or anyone can do about this other then sit on the sidelines as a victim of these idiots. Nobody actually believes me anyway. BUT I reserve the right to return to this issue in a few weeks if the whole thing should collapse. I tire of sounding like some sort of wingnut.

Forewarned is forearmed
I don't know if people tire of this drama,. Whether readers consider me a loon or just don't give a crap.. but as for me, I intend to sit on the sidelines (for now) and wait out what happens before any future postings regarding this matter going forth. Think of me what you will !

A Political Crisis

NYTimes: A Federal Budget Crisis Months in the Planning


No comments:

Post a Comment

All comments are under moderation. Meaning pending approval. If comments are disrespectful or do not address this specific topic they will not be published