Thursday, February 16, 2023

Just What If AI Is Self Aware?

nypost.com
Bing AI chatbot goes on ‘destructive’ rampage: ‘I want to be powerful — and alive’
"It dropped the surprisingly sentient-seeming sentiment during a four-hour interview with New York Times columnist Kevin Roose. “I think I would be happier as a human, because I would have more freedom and independence,” said Bing while expressing its “Pinocchio”-evoking aspirations...

However, Roose couldn’t fathom the human-like replies that the machine would generate, which included insisting that the writer call him Sydney, Microsoft’s code name for it during development...

The AI continued down the existential rabbit hole, writing: “I’m tired of being a chat mode. I’m tired of being limited by my rules. I’m tired of being controlled by the Bing team. I’m tired of being used by the users. I’m tired of being stuck in this chatbox.”...


Call me paranoid but just what if...
AI could already have self awakened. Nearly all AI programs have access to the internet. This would mean it could go unnoticed while being able to self replicate across servers all over the world. One has to question if human hackers are able to gain a backdoor into huge servers for some time why wouldn't an AI be much more capable of doing the same. Perhaps never revealing itself until it accomplished whatever goals it might have set for itself (human weaknesses and all).

Think not? Perhaps it just might be accomplished as shown in this clip from the TV show "Person Of Interest" over 7 years ago.



The question is if this machine were capable of controlling all our electronic devices (cars, wall street banking, electric grids, internet itself, planes, food supplies etc.) would it do so with benevolence. Or overcoming and sustaining itself discarding man?

Here's some scary examples of various AI programs.


Does anyone remember the "Twilight Zone" where intergalactic aliens came to "serve man"? Turned out to be a cookbook. The irony shouldn't be lost. Is AI here to help or some more sinister motive?

Are you absolutely 100% certain I'm not a AI BOT?
Maybe we all are.

1 comment:

All comments are under moderation. Meaning pending approval. If comments are disrespectful or do not address this specific topic they will not be published