Tuesday, October 29, 2019

This Ticks Me Off

Between robocalls, TV and internet ads I fed up to here. I even had two calls today from myself to myself according to the callerID. The ever increasing accumulation of all this nonsense has gotten out of hand for me. Enough is enough already

Now 'Daily Mail.com' started this crap where you can't visit them with my 'ad blocker' turned on. For yucks I disabled it and all hell breaks loose. None of their news stories/pictures loads till after a continuing crap load of ads appear in the sidebar. Scroll down and the stories never show up till a shit load of other ads (with absolutely nothing I'm interested in) nearly overloads my browser causing it stall for a period.


I had a similar problem with 'Mediate.com'. In their case these bullshit ads actually cause my Chrome browser to overload causing it to auto-exit on it's own.

These sites need to educate themselves. All these ads come unscreened for malware from other sites the page is linked to. I've had my Norton virus protection popup on a few occasions blocking and warning me. None of these jerks need 134 ads to pop up on a single page (yes that's how many on some). Even worse auto playing pop up videos along with auto playing ads making it nearly impossible to focus. There are about a half a dozen other sites which do this as well.

Remember how AM radio became intolerable with their ads? The magazines which had twice as many ads as articles? Well now these pigs are at it. The internet was never meant to be this way... a intolerable jungle of commercials

Look I realize these folks have to make money BUT... this is becoming intolerable as TV's 20 minutes out of a 60 minute programs. This is why I record as many as I can. So I can skip the ads that I'm never ever going to buy something from. Who's kidding who. 5 or 6 cars ads (I 'm not interested). Drugs, drugs and more drugs for conditions I don't have. Not interested in ambulance chasing lawyers nor a freaking pillow. Then there's the ever repeating promos for their other shows I'll never watch. All this on top of the cable fees they are getting from within my $96 a month cable TV bill for their mostly shitty shows. ALL THE WHILE STILL BEING FORCED TO WATCH THOSE DAMN ADS ON TOP OF IT. It's almost as if it's their second thought to throw in some entertainment in between the commercial breaks. Maybe if they didn't overpay everyone several million dollars apiece half of these wouldn't be necessary. Outside of some local news programs we watch less then seven hours of TV per week (if that).

Forever I've been promoting via links to these sources for the information I provide on this blog. Except for the videos that's about to change. There's no reason why I can't produce solid information which can be easily verified from several sources via a 'Google' search.

1 comment:

  1. For whatever reason I don't get pop-ups on my desktop .My wife has 3 cellphones which I don't use except for phone calls.She has eliminated the robo-calls down to about 1 every 2 days.As for T.V. what can I say.

    ReplyDelete

All comments are under moderation. Meaning pending approval. If comments are disrespectful or do not address this specific topic they will not be published