Thursday, May 16, 2019

Social Security Robocall Scam Alert

Although they've been around for months I finally got one of these scam robocalls claiming to be from Social Security.




In addition I'd also advise never ever returning a unknown caller. Some of these return calls could cost $25 or more directly billed to your telephone account.



So far I had a bunch of calls for cleaning my chimney from Philadelphia. Dozens of calls threatening the IRS was coming to arrest me. Plus a whole bunch more for free Medicare paid back braces, hearing aides along with a slew of other devices.

2 comments:

  1. We finally gave up out landline about 4 months ago.I guess we have been very lucky as we are not getting robo-calls on the cellphone.I also use the Goggle Mini to make long calls with my old buddies as I hear clearer using the device.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Unfortunately our cell phone is iffy indoors. Same with the neighbors cell service as well no matter which provider.

      Delete

All comments are under moderation. Meaning pending approval. If comments are disrespectful or do not address this specific topic they will not be published