Monday, May 20, 2019

Reason Why Game Of Thrones Is Shoved Down Our Throats

The over hype of this piece of crap is driving me crazy. I'm sure I'm not the only one. It's sexually and otherwise too violent for me. Pardon me if rape, torture, burning down occupied villages and slicing people till they bleed to death doesn't bring me pleasure. Yet nearly everywhere I look it's wall-to-wall free publicity for the damn thing. Just today I eliminated over 35 RSS feeds pertaining to it. When I turned on the TV at lunchtime MSNBC, FOX News and CNN all were featuring a piece at the same time. Much like last night's evening network news did.

Whenever I'm confounded about something my instincts kick in wondering if I should check the money trail behind the hype. Wow, is there ever!
BGR.com:
Here’s everything AT&T now owns, apart from your soul
HBO (Also owns the Cinemax)
CNN
Turner Broadcasting System (Boomerang, TBS, TNT, Turner Classic Movies, and Cartoon Network. Websites Bleacher Report, NBA.com, PGA.com, NCAA.com, and NBA TV)
Warner Bros.
DC Entertainment (A subdivision of Warner Bros.)
New Line Cinema
"AT&T Wireless is the cell carrier everyone loves to hate, U-verse is its cable TV offering, DirecTV is a satellite broadcaster it also owns, as well as dozens of regional cable and phone companies — almost anything with the name “Bell” in it. Bizarrely, the list also includes the Yellow Pages and yellowpages.com."
If anyone thinks any movie or series takes off on it's own, I got a bridge to sell ya. It takes a lot of money to turn the gears. Which makes me wonder where does ATT&T spend it's advertisement money for all it's other things? Could it be on a lot of those now helping to hype the series for them? Kinda like, "you be good to mama and mamma will be good to you".

Somebody no doubt will say if I don't like it don't watch it. Believe I'm trying hard not to. This 'Games Of Thrones' hype has become like a bunch of made for TV 'robo calls'. The harder you try to ignore them, the worse they annoy.

No comments:

Post a Comment

All comments are under moderation. Meaning pending approval. If comments are disrespectful or do not address this specific topic they will not be published