Thursday, November 16, 2017

Sexual Harassment Claims Are Out Of Control

AP
RADIO ANCHOR SAYS FRANKEN FORCIBLY KISSED HER AMID USO TOUR
"ST. PAUL, Minn. (AP) -- Minnesota Sen. Al Franken apologized Thursday after a Los Angeles radio anchor accused him of forcibly kissing her during a 2006 USO tour and of posing for a photo with his hands on her breasts as she slept. Leeann Tweeden posted the allegations on the website of KABC, a Los Angeles radio station where she now works as a news anchor."


TPM
McConnell: Ethics Panel Should Probe Franken Sexual Misconduct Allegations
"Less than an hour after news broke that a woman had accused Sen. Al Franken (D-MN) of sexually harassing and assaulting her in 2006, before he ran for federal office, Senate Majority Leader Mitch McConnell (R-KY) called for an official investigation into the allegations."


Wikipedia
Leeann Tweeden
"In 1992, while working as a hostess at a Hooters restaurant (she was in their 1994 calendar) in Colorado Springs, Colorado... In 1996, Tweeden appeared non-nude in a fitness model pictorial for Playboy magazine. Fifteen years later, at 38 years old, she appeared again in the December, 2011 issue of Playboy, this time posing in a nude pictorial....

She has also appeared on the political discussion series Hannity, as a member of the "Great American Panel" and occasionally appeared on the panel of Red Eye w/ Greg Gutfeld"


Posted by Russell Smith with his comments in 2011



Look I'm not getting into the hoopla over these dozens of accusations now coming everyday toward everybody and everyone. What I'm trying to point out not all these accusations should be taken as the gospel truth 100%. Nor am I trying to say what Leeann said happened with Al didn't. However in this case there just might be more politics involved then we may have been first be led to believe.

When these many hundreds of women start accusing men I see a few downsides. This harms other women's chances looking for employment, Whether it be in entertainment or outside of it I'd be quite certain employers will become reluctant to hire not wanting such accusations to rock their business. This also brings into women distrust of men themselves questioning everything a male says or does might have ulterior motives. Thus men becoming more reluctant to even speak to women one on one. Is that really what single women want?

Going way back to my courting days I can honesty say some women I dated didn't want this kind of physical attention. There were times some did and wondered what took me so long to make a move. I swear that's true. Not all women I went out with wanted someone who would take them to a meal, movie and send them off with a goodnight handshake. If I became rich or famous I can't imagine some of the things they could twist and use against me years later if I had quit dating them and they got pissed off. Yeah like they hadn't done that sometimes to me either. There's nothing worse then a pissed off lover--male or female.

Pardon me if I'm a bit skeptical but there is a difference between a man or woman physically teasing someone and an actual sexual assault. I've had my ass pinched (really hard) several times by a woman a work. She thought it was funny. Another who sat on my lap in the work cafeteria who thought it was funny as hell to make her friends laugh. Some who printed out sexy cartoons. Another few who flashed me a boob at work. I never considered these rising to the level of sexual harassment. Just girls being girls. It's a sad day when we take everything someone does to us as sexual assault.

I realize this may not always be the case. Sometimes it's more serious, but women do these kind of things as much as men thinking it's funny. Everybody needs to take chill pill. Not everything is dramatic as I think many of these charges are making them out to be. I'd be willing to bet in most of these cases there's a certain amount of ulterior motives involved.

No comments:

Post a Comment

All comments are under moderation. Meaning pending approval. If comments are disrespectful or do not address this specific topic they will not be published