Friday, November 24, 2017

Is Anyone Good Enough for an H1-B Visa?

The New York Times
By Frida Yu (11/23/2017)
Is Anyone Good Enough for an H1-B Visa?
"Six months ago I won the lottery — the H-1B visa processing lottery for skilled foreign workers... on Oct. 11, half a year after my celebration, I learned I had been denied a visa.

After earning law degrees in China and at Oxford, after having worked in Hong Kong as a lawyer at a top international firm, after coming to United States three years ago for an M.B.A. and graduating and joining a start-up, I was given just 60 days to leave the country. I have 17 days left...

I can’t make sense of why an administration that claims to want this country to be strong would be so eager to get rid of us... As I make plans to go back to China, I find myself wondering: If I am not qualified to stay in the United States, then who is?"

No comments:

Post a Comment

All comments are under moderation. Meaning pending approval. If comments are disrespectful or do not address this specific topic they will not be published