Wednesday, May 10, 2017

News Headlines (05/10/2017)

Talking Points Memo
Texas House OKs Letting Adoption Groups Deny Non-Christian, Gay, Unmarried Applicants
"South Dakota passed similar legislation in March but it’s too soon to measure its practical effects"

A QUICK COMMENT:
Does this mean Jews and Muslims our out of luck too?




NY Daily News
McConnell ignores calls for special prosecutor after Comey firing
"But the Senate Intelligence Committee doesn't have subpoena power, and has relied on information provided by the FBI "

A QUICK COMMENT:
In other news, the FBI director was fired.




The Washington Post
Trump to inherit more than 100 court vacancies, plans to reshape judiciary
"The estimated 103 judicial vacancies that President Obama is expected to hand over to Trump in the Jan. 20 transition of power is nearly double the 54 openings Obama found eight years ago following George W. Bush’s presidency... Confirmation of Obama’s judicial nominees slowed to a crawl after Republicans took control of the Senate in 2015... Twenty-five of Obama’s court nominees were pending on the Senate floor, after having been approved out of the committee with bipartisan support, but did not get a vote before the Senate"

A QUICK COMMENT:
Good job McConnell. To the victor goes the spoils. Forget about the good of the country. Party 1st !!




Mediaite
Rep. Cummings on Comey Firing: ‘If This Were Hillary’ GOP Would Call for Impeachment
"If this were Hillary Clinton, the Republicans would be trying to impeach her right now,” the Democratic lawmaker exclaimed."

A QUICK COMMENT:
Oh Ye of so little faith.




NY POST
Frat kicked off campus after bros threaten to kill hazing ‘rats’
"University officials announced Tuesday that they pulled the fraternity’s university recognition through May 31, 2021, as a result of the investigation."

A QUICK COMMENT:
Sounds like a bunch of future leaders in Washington to me.




NY Post
United flight attendants forced me to pee in a cup
"The flight attendants treated me like I had committed a crime, stating they would be filing a report, calling in the hazmat team to clean the entire row (let me mention there was no mess involved) and told me I would need to talk with the pilot after the flight!” [she] wrote on Facebook."

A QUICK COMMENT:
Other then that, how was the trip?




HuffPost
Russian State Media Gets Access To White House Meeting While U.S. Press Kept Out
" The White House declared the meeting with Foreign Minister Sergey Lavrov to be closed press, meaning that reporters couldn’t attend and cover independently. But one outlet did get in: TASS, a Russian state media organization... On MSNBC, Andrea Mitchell expressed disbelief over the White House giving Russian state-run media access to a meeting that was closed to U.S. press."

A QUICK COMMENT:
This is how strong leaders operate in certain countries. Putting democracy aside--Donald's on a path of his own when it comes to the press. Calm down. Nothing to see here. Stand down. Everything's just fine




The Mood I Find Myself In
Enough already. We have five cable news channels, network late night shows and "Saturday Night Live" all doing about the same schtick. I suppose I could be called out for doing the same thing with this post, but sometimes it's pretty hard for me to ignore. However it's my intention to do fewer focusing on this kind of stuff. If I be accused of failing in my mission to do less of them in the past--let it be known my intentions are to do less of them in the coming days.

What's happening right now in politics are in complete opposite to the things I believe in. Regular visitors to this blog already understand this. Therefore there's no sense dwelling on them unendingly (like it would matter anyway). There's enough negativity in the world I don't see a point in adding to it Hence I intend to lighten up a bit in the coming days.

One other thing I have on my mind is the lack of response this blog gets in comments. I'm of the mind I want them, but not really. I post something here and a few days later on other blogs they post on the same issue and get a whole bunch of comments. Most which would only serve to piss me off anyway. So I suppose I should consider it a blessing. Obviously I'm not good at dealing with people.



Some might say if I need a friend, get a dog.

Actually I prefer cats.

They only eat, shit, sleep and never answer when you call.
Yeah--THAT'S ME EXACTLY !

1 comment:

  1. One thing I'm going to add after watching the abbreviated 24 minute press briefing today and that which Trumps minions repeatedly stated over the last three days... What Trump said during the campaign had nothing to do with what he says or does since becoming president. The White House is pretending nothing had anything to do with the other. In other words-- voters were handed a line of bullshit.

    Feeling used much ?

    ReplyDelete

All comments are under moderation. Meaning pending approval. If comments are disrespectful or do not address this specific topic they will not be published