Saturday, March 25, 2017

New World Waking 2014 (Music Videos)

A few years ago my distant blogger buddy NYC singer/songwriter Steve Schalchlin posted his public performance of "New World Waking 2014".

I thought given all the conflicts still going on in the world his show is as appropriate now as it was then.

What follows are four clips from this performance among his many on YouTube.


"Holy Dirt"



"War By Default"



"I Enter This Battle Gravely"



"Epilogue"



I'd like to add a few more.
This one goes back to May 8, 2007 in Olympia, Washington.


Steve didn't end it there. "San Francisco Gay Men's Chorus meet with mothers Gabi Clayton and Carolyn Wagner before the 30th anniversary show which features songs written about the two women's experience with hate crimes perpetrated upon their gay sons.".
December 1, 2008


I consider Steve Schalchlin a amazing man. He suffers and still survives from a severe HIV infection decades beyond what doctors said would be possible. Perhaps God allowed him to live for a purpose. And for that miracle Steve hasn't disappointed even though he requires multiple medications to get him through the day.



So on this day--given what the world is going through over divisions between one another and strangers from foreign lands--I feel the time couldn't be more appropriate for this post.

I'm asking has anyone watched these videos?
This is important to me. Let me know.


No comments:

Post a Comment

All comments are under moderation. Meaning pending approval. If comments are disrespectful or do not address this specific topic they will not be published