Wednesday, April 1, 2015

Neil deGrasse Tyson On UFO's


If I had a nickel for every time I said the same thing I'd be a rich man.


I always had a fascination with this subject. I've watched and read countless articles on UFO's. For me it always comes down to the same issues Neil raised. One would think with all the countless reports over centuries we'd have at least one scrap of hard evidence. A chunk of metal. A piece of cloth or flesh. Yet nada, not a single ounce of physical material. All we are left with is speculation and theories.

* As Neil said forget about human testimony. Lots of people claimed to have worked inside the government. Yet they couldn't sneak out one strand of hair, toe nail or a loose bolt from some alien craft?

* Forget about hypnosis as proof either. Hypnosis is only capable of revealing deep down what somebody truly believes to be true This doesn't make them a liar necessarily. Rather their mind is fully embedded in whatever they claimed to have experienced as being true It is even possible for unscrupulous s hypnotic practitioners to plant such seeds deep down into someone's mind. Anyone who ever attended a entertainment hypnotist's performance should have no doubt just how much a person's subconscious can made to believe all kinds of things through the power of suggestion.

* Forget the photos and videos. They are 100% useless. Digital technology allows us to manipulate frame by frame and pixel by pixel any image we wish to create.

Before the advent of this technology film makers for years could manipulate these as well through the use of double or over exposure. Every case that I know of where these were examined using today's technology these have been uncovered as photography tricks or flawed in some way.



* Then there are those conspiracy oriented individuals thinking governments are doing UFO cover-ups. Well I'm here to tell ya none of them are very good at it. A few years back 'Deep Throat' leaked information on the 'Watergate' break in at the Democrat's headquarters which further led to uncovering the Nixon tapes. More recently Julian Assange posted 10,000's of documents on his Wikileaks website. Don't forget about Ed Snowden's current handiwork blabbing to the entire world what the NSA is up to. As far as I'm concerned governments are about the worse at keeping secrets as anyone. All the leaks came from top level most trusted officials. Why then wouldn't one of the hundreds of players participating in such programs not be able to keep their yaps shut either?

Do I Believe UFO's & ET's Exist?
Even if I saw one, probably not. Not without some hard physical souvenir to take home from one of them. I once was fooled by the Goodyear blimp's advertising lights on it's underside for a few minutes after I first spotted it at night. If my mind was tricked for a few minutes by this well known common object imagine coming across something I never saw before.

In a prior post entitled Where's The Space Aliens? I made a short video asking what if we're the first beings. Despite the billions of years and stars just perhaps we are the first and only so-called intelligent species thus far.

Anyone of reasonable mind would agree with what Neil said. I take it Neil is neither a believer nor skeptic on this matter. Until someone can provide hard physical evidence which can be examined under a microscope nothing anyone says can be taken as fact. I sure would like to believe they are out there, but all my wishing and wanting it to be so doesn't make it so.

This is similar along my lines of reasoning concerning religion and all the devastation wrought by misguided beliefs. But that's a whole other can of worms best left for another day.

No comments:

Post a Comment

All comments are under moderation. Meaning pending approval. If comments are disrespectful or do not address this specific topic they will not be published