Wednesday, August 26, 2020

PBS Programming Better Then Networks'

For the last several months we've been more entertained (sometimes better informed) with the programs on WHYY and WLVT then all the networks combined. Here's a few of the shows we've been recently watching. Doc Martin, Frankie Drake, Father Brown, Railroad Journeys, Lighthouses Of Ireland and Shakespeare & Hathaway. About the only exception on the networks is CBS Sunday Morning (and we watch that on YouTube). It sure beats all the highly annoying overly loud canned laughter and faked applause on what amounts to junk TV.

Couple that with all the great stuff we find on YouTube and we have found little reason to watch anything else. Whether it be news, documentaries, DIYs, music of all kinds (new or old), comedies or vBlogs, YouTube has it all. Some of my YouTube channel subscriptions include Jeff Dunham, Brien Foerster (explorer). CBS Sunday Morning, Country Road TV, Grand Ole Opry, Great Big Story, Jenny's Covers, Puddles Pity Party, Star Talk (Neil deGrasse Tyson), TED-ED, The Holderness Family, The Howard Stern Show, The Late Late Show With James Corden, Trina Minnich (The Large Flowerheads), TruthSurge, VOX, When The Cowboy Sings, Wildwood Video Archive to name a few. There's also a bunch of streaming LIVE videos of all kinds imaginable we watch from time to time from all over the world.

For local news I find blogs and Facebook are a better source for information and opinion. As for national news I rely on unedited clips and some news program clips on YouTube. Never the cable news channels which feature nothing but a bunch of blabber mouths talking politics. For the rest of the news I have 29 RSS headline feeds. Sometimes these can be as many as 600 a day I quickly glean over. Clicking only those which attract my attention. And finally 22 Twitter accounts of all kinds I visit briefly as well. So as you can see this is why I'm not posting everyday. Only those which seem to attract my attention the most and seem worth sharing.

Out of all of this I feel I'm very well informed as to the news and what's on people's minds the most (which seems to be uninformed trash talking). Since I'm retired I now have chance to catch up on all the stuff I missed too busy working. I learned a great deal about our history, past politics and a great deal more about educating myself on all kinds of subjects most kids won't even learn in school and college. This is an amazing age to live in and have the opportunity to listen directly to some of the greatest minds throughout history and today. All this unedited by biased writers of textbooks like they were in the past.




There much more I want to say but I've gone on too long already. Most blog readers won't spend the time to go beyond a paragraph or two. If you have made it this far give yourself a pat on the back. You are the exception.

No comments:

Post a Comment

All comments are under moderation. Meaning pending approval. If comments are disrespectful or do not address this specific topic they will not be published