Saturday, July 11, 2020

Good News Is Allentown Settled With LC Water Authority

Bad news is by 2024 I'll get charged more then 6 months worth of water then I'm now paying.

lehighvalleylive.com
Settlement involving major Lehigh Valley water system means higher bills for customers
"For most water and sewer customers, the proposed agreement would mean an approximate $88 rate increase per year that would rise over time to an $176 increase per year by 2024, plus inflationary increases,"

Currently I pay around $90 per quarter. If the projected increase of $176 holds true I'll be paying nearly 50% more for the same amount of water I use now. Not sure how much those "inflationary increases" will add to the bill but if it were 4% each year that too could add another $50. That would be about another month and a half worth of water at it's present cost. So all said and done I'll end up getting around 7 1/2 months less of water then I'm now paying for. What a bargain for them.. me, not so much!

In addition the article goes on to say, "Under the settlement, LCA will pay for water purchased from the city system based on actual production costs and will pay a proportionate share of the cost of all capital improvements at the water treatment plant in Allentown." Does this mean in a worse case scenario it could end up costing me close to 2x's more?

Thank goodness I get those Social Security increases. Otherwise... never mind the Allentown School District increases already account for those. I sure hope those retired workers are enjoying the pensions my water bill is paying for with this deal the city made to lease out it's water department.

Every time I flush I will be thinking, there goes another donation to the cause

2 comments:

  1. Never really understood why Pawloski leased out the water department.He gave up a reliable source of income and could raised the rates as he wanted.I thought this windfall allowed him not to raise property taxes in an election year

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Just as we predicted back then... we all eventually would pay a price for his reckless actions. Should have been put up to a public referendum. But that's not how Pawlowski operated. He generally ignored the public no matter what they wanted. No finer example then the NIZ being rammed down our throats. Yet somehow the ignorant aholes in Allentown still reelected him even while he was under investigation.

      Delete

All comments are under moderation. Meaning pending approval. If comments are disrespectful or do not address this specific topic they will not be published