Friday, July 10, 2020

Common Sense Test

Most of them seem like trick questions to me.
Course it may seem they are only because I may be lacking common sense :-)
Let's see how well you do.



Hard to believe I once passed an Army intelligence test. Course they were looking for suckers volunteers to snoop out where Vietcong troops were hiding in those days. Fortunately they gave me this test before I signed the enlistment papers. The way I figured it future wouldn't be looking bright after taking that test if I went ahead with it. Especially since they said I'd most likely become a radio operator which goes along with that. I decided instead to take my chances and wait out the lottery drawings for the draft. Turned out my number was 265. The list that year stopped at 150. I've been losing lottery drawings ever since, but still consider myself fortunate. So many of my friends from high school were not :-(

A bit of a weird story. One of the guys at work was a radio operator during Vietnam. He had a second guy who would always go with him on advance patrol. He said the radio batteries were so damn heavy to carry in the hot jungles so he took them out of his radio to make his load lighter. Then one day they came under attack. He jumped to one side of the path while his companion (carrying the much needed extra batteries) jumped to the other. After some arguing he said toss me your batteries. They other guy replied, what batteries? I thought you had them in your radio. He said no, I left them on the chopper. Turns out so did this other guy. Oh shit. Several days later they came across some Marines having lunch. When they weren't looking he took one set of theirs so he wouldn't get disciplined praying he wouldn't run into them again.

1 comment:

  1. PRC 25 radio batteries were indeed very heavy and you needed plenty of them.They came wrapped in very heavy plastic which was useful for storing photo's and letters

    ReplyDelete

All comments are under moderation. Meaning pending approval. If comments are disrespectful or do not address this specific topic they will not be published