Friday, June 26, 2020

Song Of The South A Film Masterpiece

A historical background about the film.


I grew up loving the film and still do. I never thought black or white as a kid but rather the story itself. Even more so the film shows how these kids enjoyed the company of a black man more then being with their white parents. It seems to me today people are dirtying up the message that was never sent in the story. How I then and now interpret it to mean is no matter the differences between animals and people's skin color each can innocently enjoy one another's company. To my way of thinking people today have narrow little minds that are unable to grasp the underlining story.

Here was a white family moving to a southern plantation where the kids were miserable until they met a man known as Uncle Remus. Their parents were cold unlike the jovial black man they met who was filled with positivity despite his circumstance. What people seem to have a problem with is how life in the South was portrayed. They also claim it was because of how Uncle Remus spoke. Even the label "uncle" itself.

Never was a film made in it's day that portrayed black people in a more positive light the way this one did. For those who may accuse me of ignorance let me say this. I've had a number of uncles that I only wished were as great as this one. I also think it's a disservice to these award winning actors who may never be seen again in their most memorable performances. By removing all references to this film I consider it an attempt to "whitewash" over America's darker past. This film needs to stand as is. There's nothing racist about it. Only small minds would see it that way.



Here's the ending of the film..

Nothing could be happier then seeing three kids being totally color blind


Now Disney going to completely rework "Splash Mountain" so it won't reflect this film classic.


Explain to me what's wrong with keeping it exactly as it is?


Some of these stories are still being shared today
Uploaded May 13, 2020



In Other News...

No comments:

Post a Comment

All comments are under moderation. Meaning pending approval. If comments are disrespectful or do not address this specific topic they will not be published