Monday, November 11, 2019

Sometimes I Want To Kick Myself

A few days ago my overhead LED light fixture above the sink flickered then went out. It came on again for a while then went out permanently a few minutes later. I flipped the switch on the wall back and forth a few times.. nothing. Way I figured it the LED circuit started failing before it gave up the ghost.

So I took the light down. Threw it out and ordered another one. These both cost around fifty bucks each. I was disappointed cause I thought LED's were suppose to last more then two years. Soooo, the new light fixture came. I screwed it in over the sink. Plugged it in and.... nothing. What the hell!

It then dawned on me to try another plug. Damn, damn, damn. There was nothing wrong with the old light. Turns out to be the $10 double switch. It had me fooled because switches usually spark their way out or refuse to work when you turn them on. I don't think I've ever seen one go out this way.

What a freaking Dummkopf
So here I am forty bucks behind. To make matters worse it seems Amazon hooked me $7 for a two day delivery fee. When I ordered it gave me two options. (1) Free delivery with a 30 day free trial for PRIME. No thanks. (2) The other to sign up now. After looking over the screen I clicked on a less conspicuous third option which basically said no thanks to either Which resulted in what should have been FREE (with a $25+ purchase) a seven dollar 2 day delivery fee instead. Something I didn't notice at the time. Tricky aren't they. I never ran across that little scam before so I wasn't prepared for it.

Why oh why didn't I try the old light in a different socket. I'm certain a few years ago (when my mind was sharper) it would have occurred to me.

I often said to myself every time it cost me to do something stupid it is like paying for a bit of education at the school of hard knocks. Problem is I'm now 71 and it still looks like I haven't learned a damn thing!

No comments:

Post a Comment

All comments are under moderation. Meaning pending approval. If comments are disrespectful or do not address this specific topic they will not be published