Friday, December 29, 2017

My New Year Resolutions And More

Well actually I have only one resolution. The same one I had for the last ten years or so-- Not to make any. This for a couple of reasons. First off if I don't MAKE any I can't BREAK any. The second reason--I kind of figure after 69 years I ain't gonna change anyways. Why kid myself. I've always smoked, drank and sweared. Made it this far. So why not?


Reflections And Thoughts On Upcoming New Year
I'm going to focus a whole lot less on the idiotic things politicians and internet trolls will say in 2018. Why torment myself over how bad Donald Trump and his followers will screw things up. I didn't vote for the guy. I had nothing to do with this mess. I'm not going exhaust myself fretting over this kind of stuff in the new year. Sometimes these things need to run their course (no matter how painful) before people wise up. Why resist? Nothing I say will alter the course we're headed. The sooner things get screwed up the quicker it shall pass. MAGA believers- go for it so we can get this over with.

As far as my personal life is concerned. I've had a really great year like those I've had in past. Couldn't ask for a better family life. Great wife, kids and grandkids. Had good health too. I consider myself fortunate.

My blogging life--not so much. Slow year (as usual) when it comes to comment interactions or people providing feedback on many of the things that interested me. Which is why I posted on the subjects I did.

That sums up my annual self review over 2017. Something I know many of you were breathlessly awaiting.

I'm not certain what I'm going to blog about in 2018 but one thing I'm certain. My posts will be far less negative and contain far less political material. Probably fewer posts too.




With that said-- here's to hoping 2018 will be a more compassionate caring and empathic world then the one we've experienced in 2017.






No comments:

Post a Comment

All comments are under moderation. Meaning pending approval. If comments are disrespectful or do not address this specific topic they will not be published