Thursday, October 12, 2017

Wonderful World Of Computers

Reuters is reporting Equifax takes down web page after report of new hack--Equifax Inc said on Thursday it has taken one of its customer help website pages offline as its security team looks into reports of another potential cyber breach..

As far as 'Equifax' is concerned--I'd think it best to ignore them completely. I think they've pretty much established their reliability. Might as well toss a stone in the air and hope it doesn't land on your head.


'PC Gamer' is also reporting Windows 10 update sends some PCs into a BSOD boot loop-- A troublesome Windows update that was rolled out to PCs running the Windows 10 is causing some systems to spit out a blue screen of death (BSOD) error. Worse yet is that these rigs end up caught in an endless reboot, making them unusable for the time being.

Silly me but I have this belief that some windows updates are more a problem then the malware it's intended to protect against. One of the best pieces of advice I was given was wait a week or two after a new update. Let the rest of the suckers find out what happens first :-)

Then there's my cable modem. It works great for several months. Then from time to time (like it has over the last week) drops my internet 4 or 5 times a day for no reason. All my signals check out 100%. I gone through this several times. Most likely in a week or two (or whenever it feels like it) everything will be fine again for a few months.

My digital TV plays funny tricks too. The 3 HDMI inputs decided to quit for no reason. I reconnected my component cables instead. Other times it thinks certain HD channels don't exist. A few hours later it decides they do.








Ok I think I'm starting to get it..








No comments:

Post a Comment

All comments are under moderation. Meaning pending approval. If comments are disrespectful or do not address this specific topic they will not be published