Wednesday, April 12, 2017

White House Spokesman Spicer's Godwin's Law Violation


Wikipedia: Godwin's Law states-- "if an online discussion (regardless of topic or scope) goes on long enough, sooner or later someone will compare someone or something to Hitler."

Whitehouse spokesman Sean Spicer the other day fell victim to it. The topic was over the use of Syria's chemical weapons and Spicer's awful attempt in trying to compare it to Hitler's use. This is totally understandable when you're speaking on the fly.

I by no means am a fan of Spicer. I think he is in way over his head. Who wouldn't be trying to explain Trump's never ending contradictions. However it's sort of amusing to see someone who faces the same dilemma I have when trying to make up these posts. The great advantage I have is I'm able to delete the things I might have posted before I screwed up. Sean on the other hand is speaking in real-time. In that I'm more persuaded to forgive him when he paints himself into a corner like he did on this one issue.

What I'm less forgiving of is his inability to get names, places and the facts correct. Sometimes he outright lies for the president. So while I'm more then willing to forgive his shortcomings I question his character as to why he allows himself to be placed in such a position. I certainly would never allow myself to take such a job. This is where we two go our separate ways on principles

By no means am I comparing myself to Sean. I'm sure a plenty of people agree I'm just some crappy little ole' blogger. AND that's exactly the way I like it :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment

All comments are under moderation. Meaning pending approval. If comments are disrespectful or do not address this specific topic they will not be published