Monday, November 2, 2015

PPL Plaza Owners Want Taxpayers To Make Them Whole

PPL Plaza owners looking for state, local help
By Scott Kraus Contact Reporter Of The Morning Call
"Our feeling is we were an unintended consequence of their [NIZ] legislation," said Bruce Federman, a member of the owner's property management team at The Realta Group in Garden City, N.Y...

If they can't get the help they need, Federman and property management colleague Barry Pincus said the owners are "more than contemplating" a lawsuit "


My Comments About The Article Above
Yeah well there were a lot of "unintended consequences" weren't there?

Here's the problem as I see it. If the courts or Pennsylvania agree to help them it will open a can of worms. What about all the rest of the business rental owners who also got zapped?

If we do this for one why wouldn't it open the door to dozens of others who'd then have a legal basis to pursue the same?

Let me put it on a more personal level. Suppose I buy a half of twin at full market value. Then someone buys the identical property next door with government help. Should I or would I expect to be compensated. Absolutely not. Even if I were, why wouldn't then every other homeowner who suffered the same fate be entitled to the same?

To my way of thinking it's not government's (taxpayers) responsibility to underwrite investment loses. If so I want all that money back I lost in my 401k !



The inequities is what I and other bloggers complained about since the beginning.

That and what's turning out to be true, the lack of returns to taxpayers on their investment.

It can be further argued government shouldn't be in the investment business in the first place.

No comments:

Post a Comment

All comments are under moderation. Meaning pending approval. If comments are disrespectful or do not address this specific topic they will not be published