Thursday, April 19, 2018

I Turned Comments Off

Here's Why
Recently I changed my settings for comments to be approved before allowing them to being posted. I did so after being bombarded with over 320 in the last 20 days. At this point I'm tired of going through them and have become suspicious as to what is going on. When I check my statcounter it doesn't show a single one being made.


What it does show is someone 100's of times coming through "DuckDuckGo" a unique search engine based in Paoli, Pennsylvania at the times these appear. A search engine that guaranties a user's privacy. 'Statcounter' also indicates everyone of these, which appear generated by robotic software, are coming from Mexico.

Which Leads Me To Ask Myself, Why?
Why would someone hide behind DuckDuckGo? Could it be they are exploiting DuckDuckGo's anonymity features in trying to find some sort of backdoor into my blog by continuously probing and testing the HTML settings on my webpage hour after hour from inside Mexico?

Maybe it's nothing more then some a-hole who has nothing better to do. Either way I will join the every increasing number of both pubic and private sites that no longer feel allowing comments are worth the effort. Just look at the insanity Twitter and Facebook has become for their operators who receive million$ to put up with this BS. I do this for a hoot. I don't receive one thin dime for this. Simply put I don't need the aggravation.

There's a reason I didn't join Twitter or Facebook and why I only appear on this blog. I wanted this to be a place where I and others could express ourselves w/o being exploited or have our privacy infringed on by those questionable mega information gathering sites. Now with these 100's of suspicious comments coming in I fear that could change for both of us since I have no idea what this clown is up to. Hence COMMENTS will no longer be accepted for the time being.

No comments:

Post a Comment

All comments are under moderation. Meaning pending approval. If comments are disrespectful or do not address this specific topic they will not be published