Friday, February 9, 2018

Various Stuff I Came Across




Guess who made a surprise visit to the opening of the Olympics
Not really. They were impersonators who caused a stir for a bit then subsequently ejected. News source can be found HERE





The New York Post
Scientists invent ‘super wood’ that could replace steel
"Scientists have devised a way to make wood up to 12 times stronger in a bid to replace steel with a cheaper, lighter and more renewable alternative."

How cool is that!



Well This Sure Do Explain That
Off and on for a couple of months I've been fuming over my ISP provider's ever increasing internet signal dropouts. It would work fine for 3 or 4 days then suck for 4 or 5 more off and on. Finally I had enough and surrendered by calling them. You see I'm the kind of guy who'll never give up and ask for either directions somewhere or admit it just might be something I can't resolve on my own.

Turns out 23 year old DOCSIS 1.0 cable modems can't interpret DOCSIS 3.0 signals from their servers effectively. Gee who would have thunk it? Not me. You know what really is enlightening for people like myself too thickheaded to move on? The new cable modem is free and downloads twice as fast and uploads five times faster. So basically I wasn't getting my money's worth due to my stubbornness.


If this was true about that piece of equipment it then got me to thinking about my 70 year old brain.


Oh crap!
I'd hate to start thinking it's me and not you.






1 comment:

  1. BTW:
    If anyone's interested--- the reason why the DOCSIS 3.0 format is superior it's because this system utilizes several channels at once (if the others aren't busy) instead of just 1 like those previously.

    ReplyDelete

All comments are under moderation. Meaning pending approval. If comments are disrespectful or do not address this specific topic they will not be published