Wednesday, December 5, 2018

Thoughts On The George H.W. Bush Memorial Service

Frankly I had no intention of watching. Now I'm happy I did. Here are a few of my reflections on the event.

This went very well with just the right amount of humorous anecdotes while still maintaining dignity of the occasion. I think #41 should be well pleased. Many of the old stories had Donald Trump laughing. Seldom something I seen him do.

Usually I don't enjoy the musical selections. However in this case I enjoyed each and every one of them.

This was billed as more of a celebration of his life rather then a funeral. Yes there were some heart rendering moments but those were inner dispersed with humor as each speaker recalled their fond memories of him.

Most importantly it was a 100% politically free event. Very refreshing considering the National Cathedral was loaded with current and past leaders of all stripes. Exactly what Bush 41 wanted. People to come together if only for two hours to experience the common bonds each of us can relate to.

He wasn't perfect. Nobody is. What this memorial service reminded me is each of us one day shall pass. One day we will be judged for the good acts we've accomplished and those in which we faltered. In the case of George H.W. Bush most certainly his good deeds will remain as a measure to those of us left behind. Let us learn from them.

No comments:

Post a Comment

All comments are under moderation. Meaning pending approval. If comments are disrespectful or do not address this specific topic they will not be published