Tuesday, December 4, 2018

A LVCI Explainer

The other day while blogger Molovinsky was arguing with Bernie he took a veiled snipe at me. Even though I could care less what Molovinsky's opinion is of me it compelled me once again clarify a few things. (1) I never took a snipe Molovinsky. Why do that to me? The only reason I can think of is he doesn't like my opinion pieces.

(2) The definition of word "clancularius"-- anonymous; writing in secret; concealed; unknown. I'm the only one who writes a blog anonymously. It was my choice to include this word in the name of this blog because of my strong belief a person's stature or identity is meaningless over that which is being said. FACTS MATTER. Not who says them. Some of the greatest works ever written were published under pseudonyms. Honestly how many authors can you name who wrote articles which impressed you? I see no reason why I or my family should feel threatened by the all so many screwballs out there. Besides why should anyone really care who I am anyway? It ain't like we're going to become roomies. QUICK FACT-- none of the books in the bible were written by those ascribed to them.

(3) 90% of what people read in the paper or seeing discussed on TV are little more then copy/pastes from sources such as Reuters, the AP or other news services so I'm not so different from they. I never claimed to be a reporter. Most newspaper reporters only get published a couple times a month. It's simply too overwhelming to come up with this volume of material each month for any one person. That's why it's important to me to credit each of their efforts. Thus why I always acknowledge my sources through the use of quotes and the links to them. This is much like a bibliography many writers make use of.

(4) This blog singular purpose is to share my many interests which might relate to yours also. Sort of like a public diary of my thoughts. I'm not doing this for profit nor seeking to be the big boy on the block (competition with other blogs). Yeah sure it would be nice to hear more feedback in the comments but I don't need all the crap other blogs put up with that comes with them.

(5) Yeah I'm all over the map. I'm not the kind of person who can post day after day on any single area of interest. I have many. That too I've been criticized for. There's no reason to write something everyday for many of the things I come across. Only those which motivate me.

(6) Finally this goes back to my anonymity. Anyone wishing to contact me doesn't need my email, name, telephone number or address. I'm easily accessible. All anyone has to do wishing to contact me is leave a comment requesting not to be published.

3 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I deleted this because you violated all 3 of my policies below.

      Besides, I don't have to deal with assholes, What do I look like... a proctologist?

      Delete
  2. there was no "snipe" at you. I tried to explain that O'Hare substituted your blog for mine on his blog list, even though he always complained about your blog being anonymous. michael molovinsky

    ReplyDelete

All comments are under moderation. Meaning pending approval. If comments are disrespectful or do not address this specific topic they will not be published