Sunday, April 29, 2018

My Thoughts About Current News Items

Talks Between North and South Korea
Whether we credit Donald Trump or not for the talks between North Korea and South Korea I am of the opinion we will become a third party to the mediations between the two. I'm not sure this is all bad.

A few other quick thoughts-- (1) Kim Un doesn't need nukes to be a threat to South Korea, He has a major number of military equipment and a force full of soldiers, (2) Assuming most of his soldiers are actually trained in combat to do things beyond looking pretty marching in lock step with all those lovely painted up parade vehicles (which may or may not be little more then floats).

#MeToo Might Have Taken It Too Far
Over 60 women are defending Tom Brokow's reputation. From what I seen of his accuser's video this appears to be little more then an unwanted smooch. There's a huge difference between rape and a stolen kiss. There's a couple of things going on here. Most of these women made a choice between risking their career or going after their accuser many decades ago. This was a choice not forced upon them. These women from the past wanting to claim they are strong now (decades after the fact) I question their motives. It's become very difficult for me to separate who's who when it comes to victimization. Unless a woman was truly violated many of these stepping forward (some for notoriety) are doing disservice to the victims who truly suffered.

While I don't know any of these accusers I can say this. One guy I hung out with got cracked over the head with a coca-cola bottle when he got too friendly. I've seen more then my share of guys who got slapped or a drink thrown in their face when I was with them followed by a verbal tongue lashing if they got out of line. Some got their ass kicked by a boyfriend. Maybe I hung out with the wrong crowd of strong women but it seems to me most of the women I met were a force to be reckoned with. :-)

Eagles Football
Eagles let go of some good players. But it seems to me the management came up with a pretty good draft strategy. Hat's off to one player who gave up millions of dollars to keep quarterback Nick Folds around. That's some really good teamwork right there. It seems to me stats aren't the only thing to consider in the making of a good team.

Commercial Airlines
They are notorious for low pay to flight attendants and pilots. No wonder they're cranky. Some of these round trip flights are ridiculously priced too low. Others with layer after layer of hidden fees. How about this. We charge all people on the same flight the same price and what it cost to make a profit after paying employees their worth without any of these hidden fees. I paid $700 each for my wife and myself round trip to Florida. My kid paid $300 on the same airline flight a week later. What kind of BS is that!

Allentown School District Is Always Broke
Year after year it's the same crap. I'm on Social Security like 100's if not 1,000's of others like us getting hammered every year. Not a damn thing we can do about increasing our income or influencing the district to consider our dilemma. Why should we care about theirs? I get so sick about this constant BS. Enough is enough. Harrisburg couldn't care less either. And you wonder why people.....

Allentown's NIZ Hasn't Done A Damn Thing ...
To lower city property taxes, help fund the school district, lower crime rates or bring in one new business from outside of Pennsylvania thus increasing revenue for the state. Can any one point out to me how their finances or quality of life were improved from the nearly $2b invested by taxpayers in Pennsylvania?

FLASH !
Hillary isn't president. She's a nothing burger. Why the continued fuss. Move on. Get over it even if she won't. WHO CARES!

Donald Trump
A post would not be complete w/o a word about the pres'. Goodness sake this guy does nothing other then watch cable news, tweet and golf. He never spends time listening to music, playing with his kid, spending personal time with his wife or engaging in a laugh or two. It would be tough to come up with one word which would describe him. If forced I could only come up with one-- " CURMUDGEON". He eventually calls everybody a name. Anyone's career whose come in contact with Trump suffers the same fate. Each think they are special to him until they are not. It continues to amaze me how many gullible people are taken in by him.

The 2018 White House Correspondents' Association Dinner Comedienne
I've seen on TV almost all the Dean Martin celebrity roasts back in the day. None of them were like this piece of trash. The woman (I won't mention her name) has no clue about good natured ribbing as opposed to unfunny foul mouth highly insulting trash talk. What a doozy. If I headed up and news organization sitting at one of those tables I would have instructed my crew to get up and leave. No way would I want my organization to be associated with this abusive left wing lunatic. Maybe it's time to start thinking about getting rid of this kind of format. Perhaps the dinner itself.


WHCA Dinner 2006- One Of The Best Ever!

This is what the WHCA dinners are suppose to be about. Good fellowship. Taking a time-out under a social setting apart from the roles each play in their daily interactions with one another. A chance to shake hands, talk, possibly finding a common bond through good natured ribbing over a meal. Not the kind of divisiveness we've seen in this year's. It was anything but.


These are a few I wanted to get off my chest.
      Do you want to add anything to my remarks?

No comments:

Post a Comment

All comments are under moderation. Meaning pending approval. If comments are disrespectful or do not address this specific topic they will not be published