Friday, February 17, 2017

Trump's 02/16/2017 Presser- Reviews Are In

and it ain't good


Yesterday I spoke about how I viewed the presser. Apparently others weren't as kind. Upon further review maybe I shouldn't have been either. Perhaps I've grown too accustomed to Trump's bluster to actually notice how combative he really was. Although I did say I didn't agree with his policies I need to be more critical vocally when something like this calls for it. Something I intend to do more robustly in the future over that which I posted yesterday.


Mediate.com-- "Turx appeared on Fox News tonight to give his side of things."


Shepard Smith (02/16/2017)



Morning Joe (02/17/2017)


Shortly after this spectacle later in the day he signed off on a resolution abolishing The Clean Streams Rule. This rule was designed to forbid coal companies from dumping coal waste where it could contaminate rivers and streams.



According to VOX-- "Appalachian Voices, an environmental group, estimates that coal companies have buried over 2,000 miles of streams in the region through mountaintop removal mining since the 1990s. And there’s growing evidence that when mining debris and waste gets into water supplies, the toxic metals can have dire health impacts for the people and mostly rural communities living nearby."

I wonder how many of his coal worker supporters will appreciate in a few years not only little work coming back but adding contaminated water to the number of dangers miners and their families will then have to deal with.

No comments:

Post a Comment

All comments are under moderation. Meaning pending approval. If comments are disrespectful or do not address this specific topic they will not be published